Consistent cleaning helps protect the lifespan of your tankless dehumidifier
Regularly cleaning the filter, is an essential part of the unit’s maintenance. Use the steps below as a guide to clean your tankless dehumidifier:
- Clean or Change the Air Filter
- Remove the front diffuser plate to access filter
- Vacuum or lightly wash air filter
- Reset filter maintenance light (see What is the Red Light on my Dehumidifier? )
- Purchase air filter replacements.
- Wipe grill, humidity sensor, and coil fins
- Lightly wipe or vacuum grill, humidity sensor and coil fins to remove duct and debris with a damp cloth
- Clean the Coils
- Use self-rinsing, foaming coils or water and vinegar solution.
- Spray entire surface of the coils
- No need to rinse, dehumidification process will remove cleaner
- Clean Airways and Drain
- Check airways and drain hose are unblocked and connected
- Make sure collected condensate can flow continuously
Download a PDF version of the IW25-4 IN Wall/ ON Wall Maintenance Recommendations HERE.
What is the Red Light on my Dehumidifier?
The IW25-4 has an LED maintenance reminder to visually indicate when it is time to clean the filter. The IW25-4 dehumidifier will stop running if filter is not cleaned and reset button is not cleared. The light can be set to a 60- or 75-day reminder that turns red when it is time to change/ clean the filter.
Remove the magnetic front cover diffuser plate to access and remove filter. After filter maintenance, LED light can be reset, by pressing the filter reminder button, located on the front cover diffuser plate. LED reminder light will automatically default to previous time (60 or 75 day) setting.
NOTE: Unit will go into standby mode while red light is on. Remove and clean/ replace filter, than reset LED button on front cover.
What are MERV filters?
Filters were created to protect the internal components of electrical equipment since filters prohibit large particles from clogging and/ or penetrating coils that can lead to leaks and air blockages. Fiberglass filters can prevent large particles from damaging coils, unfortunately, they offer little to no benefits in enhancing Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). Over the past several years, energy efficiency and green building standards have started to apply these standards to filters, in order to efficiently remove smaller particles that can affect allergies and other health problems to help improve IAQ.
MERV, also known as the Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value, is the standard measure of efficiency by which filters are able to remove airborne particles of specific size ranges. MERV 8 ratings are highly recommended by professionals for health, comfort, and product longevity. MERV 8 filters are not only effective at filtering large and small particles but will not prohibit airflow.
The IW25-4 IN Wall/ ON Wall Dehumidifier includes a low-maintenance MERV 8 air filter, easily accessed for removing and cleaning while concealing digital controls. A clean filter will prevent dust and other particles from reaching internal components helping to ensure your dehumidifier works for years to come. We recommend setting the LED maintenance light reminder to 60 days but encourage cleaning monthly especially during periods of frequent use.
Tamper-Proof Moisture Management
The enery saving NGBS Green certi IW25-4 IN Wall / ON Wall Dehumidifier was engineered to help reduce moisture and help prevent mold in smaller spaces such as apartments, condominiums, and more. Designed for tamper-proof control, easily remove the magnetic front diffuser cover to maintenance filter. Even though the filter can be quickly removed, the internal components and settings remain concealed behind the front cover to prohibit tenants and guests from adjusting unit settings.
Benefits of the IW25-4 Filter
• Washable/ Reusable – just wash or vacuum the filter and reinsert, no need to buy a new filter for every cleaning
• Easy Access – property managers can quickly remove the magnetic front diffuser cover to access the MERV 8 filter
• Lock-Out Control – digital settings remain concealed behind cover when diffuser cover is removed to clean filter
• Maintenance Reminder – red light turns on as a visual reminder to clean and/or replace filter
We Could All Use More Time!
We designed the Tamper-Proof Dehumidifier with you in mind…
Quick and Easy Maintenance!
Cleaning your tankless dehumidifier is now easier than ever, saving you time for the things you really enjoy!