A dehumidifier is continuously pulling in air to condense moisture, but also accumulates particles from the air including bacteria, dust mites, allergens, pollutants and more. The air filter plays a critical role in protecting the internal components of your dehumidifier as well as cleaning the air. Regularly cleaning the filter, is an essential part of the unit’s maintenance. Use the steps below as a guide to clean your tankless dehumidifier, ensuring the air you breath is clean and protecting the longevity of your dehumidifier.
Consistent cleaning can help protect the lifespan of your dehumidifier
How to clean your tankless IW25-4 dehumidifier in 4 simple steps…
- Clean or Change the Air Filter
- Remove the front cover diffuser plate to access filter
- Vacuum or lightly wash air filter to clean
- Reset filter maintenance light (see What is the Red Light on my Dehumidifier? for more information)
- Innovative Dehumidifiers sells in-wall air filter replacements for IW25-4 dehumidifiers online here
- Wipe grill, humidity sensor, and coil fins
- Lightly wipe or vacuum grill, humidity sensor and coil fins to remove duct and debris with a damp cloth
- Clean the Coils
- Use self-rinsing, foaming coils
- Spray entire surface of the coils
- No need to rinse, dehumidification process will remove cleaner
- Clean Airways and Drain
- Check airways and drain hose are unblocked and connected
- Make sure collected condensate can flow continuously
What is the Red Light on my Dehumidifier?
The IW25-4 has an LED maintenance reminder to visually indicate when it is time to clean the filter. The IW25-4 dehumidifier will stop running if filter is not cleaned. The light can be set to a 60- or 75-day reminder that turns red when it is time to change/ clean the filter. Remove the magnetic front cover diffuser plate to access and remove filter. After filter maintenance, LED light can be reset, by pressing the filter reminder button, located on the front cover diffuser plate. LED reminder light will automatically default to previous time (60 or 75 day) setting.
NOTE: Unit will go into standby mode while red light is on. Remove and clean/ replace filter, than reset LED button on front cover.
What are MERV filters?
Filters were created to protect the internal components of electrical equipment, since filters prohibit large particles from clogging and/ or penetrating coils that can lead to leaks. Fiberglass filters can prevent large particles from damaging coils, unfortunately they offer little to no benefits in enhancing Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). Over the past several years, energy efficiency and green building standards have started to apply these standards to filters, in order to efficiently remove smaller particles that can affect allergies and other health problems to help improve IAQ.
MERV, also known as the Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value, is the standard measure of efficiency by which filters are able to remove airborne particles of specific size ranges. A MERV 8 filter is effective at controlling mold spores, pollen, dust, dust mites, mold bacteria and pollutants. These filters catch and trap the dangerous allergens that typically cause flareups. MERV 8 rating are highly recommended by professionals for health, comfort, and product longevity. MERV 8 filters are not only effective at filtering large and small particles but will not prohibit airflow.
The IW25-4 IN Wall/ ON Wall Dehumidifier includes a low-maintenance MERV 8 air filter, easily accessed for removing and cleaning, while concealing digital controls. A clean filter will prevent dust and other particles from reaching internal components helping to ensure your dehumidifier works for years to come. We recommend setting the LED maintenance light reminder to 60 days but encourage cleaning monthly especially during periods of frequent use.
Tamper-Proof Moisture Management
The ENERGY STAR® Certified IW25-4 IN Wall / ON Wall Dehumidifier was engineered to continuously eliminate moisture and help prevent mold in spaces up to 1,500 sq. ft. such as apartments, condominiums, basements and more. Designed for tamper-proof moisture control, easily remove the magnetic front diffuser cover to maintenance filter. Even though the filter can be quickly removed, the internal components and settings remain concealed behind front cover to prohibit tenants and guests from adjusting unit settings.
Benefits of the IW25-4 Filter
• Washable/ Reusable – just wash or vacuum the filter and reinsert, no need to buy a new filter for every cleaning
• Easy Access – property managers can quickly remove the magnetic front diffuser cover to access the MERV 8 filter
• Lock-Out Control – digital settings remain concealed behind cover when diffuser cover is removed to clean filter
• Maintenance Reminder – red light turns on as a visual reminder to clean and/or replace filter
We Could All Use More Time!
We designed the Tamper-Proof Dehumidifier with you in mind…
Quick and Easy Maintenance!
Cleaning your tankless dehumidifier is now easier than ever, saving you time for the things you really enjoy!