Maintaining your IW25
As with all air treatment devices, certain on-going and scheduled maintenance is required to keep the IW25 in-wall/ on-wall dehumidifier in peak operating condition. All of these maintenance procedures are easily performed along with your maintenance staff’s normal monthly HVAC filter change for the particular dwelling unit.
IW25 MONTHLY MAINTENANCE REMINDERS:
1. Clean or change the reusable filter.
- Remove the front cover plate to snap the filter out of frame and reinsert a clean filter.
- To clean filter vacuum with low pressure water. Shake the filter lightly to remove excess water.
- Reset the filter maintenance light.
- We recommend keeping clean filters on hand to make the exchange, to help expedite the process and alleviate inconveniences for the residents.
2. Lightly wipe or vacuum the grill, humidity sensor, and coil fins.
- Check humidity sensor for dust and dirt. Wipe clean with damp cloth to remove debris
- To clean coil fins lightly vacuum or spray with a mild coil cleaner, sprayed directly on coils. Spray the coils directly with self- rinsing foaming coil cleaner
3. Check the airways and drain hose to make sure they are unblocked.
- Check that drain hose is connected to “house drain” and water can flow continuously
- Nothing should be directly in front of the grill as this could prevent proper air flow.
IW25 YEARLY MAINTENANCE REMINDERS:
Check and clean condensate drain outlet and drain pan
Overtime sludge or algae may build-up in line and needs to be removed and cleaned growth. We suggest a yearly application of water and vinegar solution, slowly poured into the drain pan while the unit is off.
- Mix water and vinegar solution.
- Remove diffuser and filter from face plate for access to the drain tray
- Disconnect power to the unit.
- Pour solution into the drain tray at base of coils. If any cleaning solution gets on the coils, flush with water.
- Allow solutions to soak for 15 minutes.
- Reconnect unit to power.
- Pour in 12 ounces of clean water to flush out the drain line. If optional pump is installed it should cycle 2x.
How to make Water and Vinegar Solution:
- Water and Vinegar Solution is made with a 6 ounce solution of vinegar (white or apple cider) and water (2 oz vinegar + 4 oz water). The simplest method of application is to carry your vinegar and water mixture in a plastic bottle and use a small plastic funnel to pour the mixture into the pan.
CONDENSATE PUMP MAINTENANCE REMINDERS:
We recommend cleaning the condensate pump while cleaning the dehumidifier coils.
- Use water and vinegar solution.
- Unscrew front cover plate to access the condensate pump.
- The unit’s power should be turned off.
- Pour the solution into the pumps drain line.
- Allow the solution to soak for 15 minutes.
- Reconnect unit power.
- Pour in 4 ounces of clean water to flush the drain line. Pump should cycle 2x.