The IW25 was built to run, to make sure you get the most out of your dehumidifier take time to perform regular maintenance. Performing the recommended maintenance will keep your unit in good condition and help to lengthen the operating lifespan.
As with all air-treatment devices, certain ongoing and scheduled maintenance is required to keep the IW25 in-wall/ on-wall dehumidifier in peak operating condition. Dehumidifier maintenance procedures are easily performed along with your maintenance staff’s normal monthly HVAC filter change.
IW25 MONTHLY MAINTENANCE REMINDERS:
1. Clean or change the reusable filter.
- Remove the front diffuser cover plate to snap the filter out of frame and reinsert a clean filter.
- Clean filter, vacuum or wash with low pressure water. Shake the filter lightly to remove excess water.
- Reset the filter maintenance light. (see What is the Red Light on my Dehumidifier?)
- Keep clean filters on hand to help expedite the process and alleviate inconveniences for the residents.
2. Lightly wipe or vacuum the grill, humidity sensor, and coil fins.
- Check humidity sensor for dust and dirt. Wipe clean with damp cloth to remove debris
- To clean coil fins lightly vacuum or spray with a mild coil cleaner or water and vinegar solution, sprayed directly on coils. Spray the coils directly with self- rinsing foaming coil cleaner
3. Check the airways and drain hose to make sure they are unblocked.
- Check drain hose connects to “house drain” and water can flow continuously
- Nothing should be directly in front of the grill as this could prevent proper air flow.
IW25 MAINTENANCE REMINDERS*:
Check and clean condensate drain outlet and drain pan
Over time sludge or algae may build up in line and needs to be removed and growth cleaned. We suggest a water and vinegar solution, slowly poured into the drain pan while the unit is off.
- Disconnect power to the unit.
- Use an algae, mold, and mildew cleaner or water and vinegar solution.
- Remove diffuser and filter from face plate for access to the drain tray
- Pour solution into the drain tray at base of coils. If any cleaning solution gets on the coils, flush with water.
- Allow solutions to soak for 15 minutes.
- Reconnect dehumidification unit to power.
- Pour in 12 ounces of clean water to flush out the drain line. If optional pump is installed it should cycle 2x.
* Increase frequency depending on environmental conditions.
CONDENSATE PUMP MAINTENANCE REMINDERS:
We recommend cleaning the condensate pump while cleaning the dehumidifier coils.
- The unit’s power should be turned off.
- Use coil cleaner or water and vinegar solution.
- Unscrew front cover plate to access the condensate pump.
- Pour the solution into the pumps drain line.
- Allow the solution to soak for 15 minutes.
- Reconnect unit power.
- Pour in 4 ounces of clean water to flush the drain line. Pump should cycle 2x.