Minimal Maintenance Required
The IW25 was built to run, so to make sure you get the most out of your dehumidifier, take time to perform regular maintenance. Although minimal effort is required, dehumidifier maintenance will keep your unit in good condition, extending the operating lifespan of your investment while helping to improve Indoor Air Quality (IAQ).
All air-treatment devices require a certain amount of scheduled maintenance. Regular maintenance of the IW25 In Wall/On Wall dehumidifiers is takes little time and keeps the systems in peak operating condition. Following recommended dehumidifier maintenance procedures can be combined with routine HVAC filter change to help keep your air cleaner.
The IW25-4 is equipped with an LED filter maintenance reminder. When the light blinks red, it’s time to clean or change the air filter. If the filter is not changed within 14 days, the unit will automatically shut down to prevent system damage. At that point, you’ll need to access the controls behind the protective cover to reset the timer to a 60- or 75-day reminder and reset the “power” button to reactivate the system. Then proceed with regular maintenance below.
IW25-4 DEHUMIDIFIER MONTHLY MAINTENANCE REMINDERS:
1. Clean or change the reusable filter.
- Remove the front diffuser cover plate to snap the filter out of frame and reinsert a clean filter.
- OR, clean the filter, vacuum or wash with low pressure water. Shake the filter lightly to remove excess water.
- Reset the filter maintenance light. (See What is the Red Light on my Dehumidifier?)
- Keep clean filters on hand to help expedite the process.
2. Lightly wipe or vacuum the grill, humidity sensor, and coil fins.
- Check humidity sensor for dust and dirt. Wipe clean with damp cloth to remove debris.
- To clean coil fins, lightly vacuum or spray with a mild coil cleaner or all natural vinegar and water solution, sprayed directly on coils. No need to rinse foaming coil cleaner or vinegar solution.
3. Check the airways and drain hose to make sure they are unblocked.
- Check drain hose connects to “house drain” and water can flow continuously.
- Nothing should be directly in front of the grill as this could prevent proper air flow.
IW25 DEHUMIDIFIER QUARTERLY MAINTENANCE REMINDERS*:
Check and clean condensate drain outlet and drain pan
Over time sludge or algae may build up in line and needs to be removed and growth cleaned. Unsure how to clean a dehumidifier? We suggest an all natural vinegar and water solution, slowly poured into the drain pan while the unit is off.
- Disconnect power to the unit.
- Use an algae, mold, and mildew cleaner or water and vinegar solution.
- Remove diffuser and filter from face plate for access to the drain tray.
- Pour solution into the drain tray at base of coils. If any cleaning solution gets on the coils, flush with water.
- Allow solutions to soak for 15 minutes.
- Reconnect dehumidification unit to power.
- Pour in 12 ounces of clean water to flush out the drain line. If optional condensate pump is installed, it should cycle 2x.
* Increase frequency depending on environmental conditions.
CONDENSATE PUMP MAINTENANCE REMINDERS:
We recommend cleaning the condensate pump while cleaning the dehumidifier coils.
- The unit’s power should be turned off.
- Use coil cleaner or water and vinegar solution.
- Unscrew front cover plate to access the condensate pump.
- Pour the solution into the pumps drain line.
- Allow the solution to soak for 15 minutes.
- Reconnect unit power.
- Pour in 4 ounces of clean water to flush the drain line. Pump should cycle 2x.