National Indoor Mold Society developed National Indoor Toxic Mold Awareness Month (NITMAM) “to inform, educate, and bring awareness about how exposure to indoor molds and mycotoxins can affect your health.” –Letitia Peters
Mold and fungi are a natural part of the environment and can be found everywhere, growing indoors and outdoors. However, problems with mold only occur when they begin to grow indoors, creating potential structural damage and health effects. As mold grows allergens are produced, causing immediate or delayed fever-type reactions. Unwanted mold growth can also cause asthma attacks, as well as irritation of eyes, skin, nose and throat.
The only way to prevent mold is to remove the presence of moisture.
Thankfully, moisture is a factor that can be removed. Research has proved that relative humidity (RH) maintained below 60 percent can reduce the amount of moisture to help prevent mold from growing indoors.
The IW-25 In-Wall dehumidifier puts control back in your hands by removing up to 29 pints of moisture a day. Designed for everyday use, the IW-25 keeps RH consistently below 60 percent and drains directly into existing plumbing, without the obligation of emptying a reservoir tank. The hands-free IW-25 allows you to remove moisture to help prevent future mold growth.
The goal of NITMAM is to spread toxic mold awareness and to inform people about the possible health effects caused by mold growth. Innovative Dehumidifier Systems is proud to help spread the word and Break the MOLD!