A dehumidifier is a device that removes excess moisture from the air and reduces the level of humidity, thus creating a comfortable atmosphere for you and your family. It functions in a manner similar to that of a refrigerator. It draws the moisture in the air over cold coils and then condenses out moisture. Thereafter it passes that air over the hot coils and circulates it into the room. All the dehumidifiers have a container unit for collecting the condensed water, which later can be drained by means of a hose. It is basically required for a place where there is no sufficient ventilation.
Excess moisture is hazardous to both home as well as health hence we should choose a dehumidifier that works both effectively and efficiently. The first and foremost thing to be kept in mind while choosing an in-home dehumidifier is to determine it’s size based upon your room’s measurements and another point to be considered is what would be it’s capacity of extracting the moisture. Now a days, you can find both large and small dehumidifiers available in the market. The benefit of larger one is that it remove moisture faster from the area and hence they operate for shorter duration per cycle. However, your electricity bill would increase as it consumes more electricity. Hence we should choose a dehumidifier as per the room size so that its potential can be utilized to maximum.
Dehumidifiers are very essential for every home. A few of the benefits of in-home dehumidfiers are listed below:
– When the atmosphere is damp it can lead to the development of common allergens such as dust mites, mildew and molds, and can have an adverse effect on our health. It can harm the lungs and nasal passages of individuals and can be extremely detrimental for those who suffer from weakened immune systems or respiratory illnesses such as asthma, bronchitis. Hence it will be beneficial to use a dehumidifier for safeguarding against such diseases.
– It is beneficial in preventing skin problems like skin dryness, itchy skin.
– Human body has static charge. It reduces static electricity, which in turn reduces the shock received while touching other people and certain objects.
– Use of dehumidifier will increase the longevity of your furniture as long-term exposure to moist air may result in drying out and cracking.
– A damp basement has a typical odor and there are chances of growth of dust mites and molds. You would have a great relief if you use a dehumidifier in such areas.
– Using a dehumidifier will prevent peeling of paint from the wall. In case you have wallpapers, it might deteriorate due to the development of mold and mildew spots.
– It will help to protect your clothes and personal valuables from the damaging effects of mold/mildew and moisture rot.
– It is beneficial in protecting packed food and storing it.
– With exposure to high humidity levels over long periods, the metallic strings in your musical instrument let’s say guitar, piano would become rusted and corroded. Even you can find the metallic hinges used in door might get rusted and it makes a creaking sound. Such disastrous impact can be avoided using a dehumidifier.
– When the humidity levels are quite high, the doors and drawers become tight and difficult to move, as they bloat up. Using a dehumidifier, like our in-wall IW25 dehumidifier, is an ideal solution to this.