Maintaining indoor humidity levels is beneficial not only for your health and comfort but to protect your property against damages caused by unwanted moisture. An excess of moisture in your home can cause an array of problems from mold, window condensation,1 peeling wallpaper, wood rot, to poor indoor air quality that can lead to asthma attacks and intensify allergies. Dehumidification will lower indoor moisture to help prevent mold growth before it begins to grow.
ENERGY STAR® certified dehumidifiers are similar in many ways to standard units, only they less energy. In order to receive ENERGY STAR® certification, dehumidifiers undergo strict testing, through the US Environmental Protection Agency or US Department of Energy. The energy factor is how a dehumidifier’s energy efficiency is measured, generally, dehumidifiers with higher energy factors are more efficient.
“Choosing an ENERGY STAR® dehumidifier can deliver savings on energy bills without sacrificing performance, features, and comfort while protecting the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions2.”
5 Benefits of Choosing an ENERGY STAR® Dehumidifier
1. Energy Efficiency | designed to use less energy (nearly 30% more efficient3), and help save money on power bills
2. Protect the Environment | help reduce the number of greenhouse gases produced
3. Long-Lasting | use more efficient coils, compressors, and fans for high-quality products that stand the test of time
4. Thoroughly Tested | every ENERGY STAR® Certified dehumidifier undergoes rigorous testing to ensure performance meets efficiency standards4
5. Unique Features | ENERGY STAR® dehumidifiers are created by frontrunners of their industry, upgrading products to include innovative features.
HIGH ENERGY EFFICIENCY
LESS COSTS TO RUN
When choosing the best ENERGY STAR® dehumidifier for your property, energy efficiency can make a difference in saving energy and money, without compromising features. Energy efficient dehumidifiers work to condense and collect unwanted water in the air with more efficient coils, compressors, fans, and casing for a longer-lasting life.
Cutting Edge Moisture Control
Innovative Dehumidifier Systems takes pride in providing solutions to aid mold prevention and removing moisture with the IW25-4 ENERGY STAR® certified dehumidifier unit. The owner of IDS, Brian Smith, developer/ general contractor, created the unit to combat mold issues he was having in his own apartment developments. As the pioneers of IN Wall/ On Wall Dehumidifiers, we have continued to innovate and serve our customers.
Did you Know?
The updated ENERGY STAR® 3.0 program for multifamily properties requires homes to be built with ventilation, that will provide a way for outdoor air to come inside.
- Dower Datech| Home Tips: What Causes Window Condensation & How to Get Rid of It https://dowerdatech.co.uk/window-condensation-causes-and-remedies/
- DEHUMIDIFIERS: OVERVIEW | The best dehumidifiers help reduce excess moisture… https://www.energystar.gov/products/appliances/dehumidifiers#:~:text=Choosing%20an%20ENERGY%20STAR%20dehumidifier,by%20reducing%20greenhouse%20gas%20emissions.
- DEHUMIDIFIERS: OVERVIEW | Specification
- Ask the EXPERTS | What Makes a Product ENERGY STAR Certified?https://www.energystar.gov/products/ask-the-experts/what-makes-a-product-energy-star-certified